Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Poor Lou and other complaints

I hate it when my kids are sick, but especially when it is Lou. She coughed all night last night and has red spots all over this morning, not to  mention what her diapers look like. She is so hard sometimes when she is sick. She doesn't want to be held, but she doesn't want to be left alone either. I prefer the sick that involves lethargy. At least then she will sleep. The hardest part is that she can't talk so she cant tell me where she hurts. She is eating fine so I am assuming it isn't a throat problem, but that leaves me with a lot of other options. I guess I just have to ride it out. What a pain in the butt. Don't get me wrong I know it is about taking care of her and not how inconvenient it is for me. It is just harder when it is her that is sick because I feel like my hands are tied, I just can't do anything to help. She is watching TV right now and seems pretty happy about it, I guess I should be grateful that she is relatively happy... right?

I guess part of what makes it hard is that I am not feeling quite right myself this morning. I have a headache and my back is out... again. I just feel old today! What other 34 year old do you know that suffers from severe arthritis? That is an old person disease. I know, I bring it on myself. I am not suppose to lift anything heavier than a piece of paper. It is just hard not to pick Lou up sometimes. My job doesn't help either, but how do I tell my boss that I cant lift stuff. I work retail that involves lifting heavy clothes and boxes, it is just part of  the job! Oh well there is my whine for the day, hope you all enjoyed it! 

5 comments:

Sher said...

My hubby has really bad back problems. I used to tease him and tell him to quit whining, but I think he is really truly in pain. About a year ago, he started going to a back cracker. It really helps him. I don't think his problem is arthritis though.
Sorry, Emma is sick. Kennie is sick, too, but she's just been watching movies all morning, so, it's not too bad.

Sarah said...

I was going to Dr. Randy for a long time and finally went back to a doctor, long story short after an MRI we found out it wasnt just placement I have really bad arthritis in my lower back. There is a really good spinal clinic up at McKay-Dee and they helped a lot.

Emanhaud said...

Sher, I hope we aren't the ones responsible for Clint's bad back. Good grief! How many times did we call for help moving furniture. Sorry!

Emanhaud said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Sorry about your back. I experience pain, and it's hard to try to go on with life when you're hurting. I know this sounds stupid, but yoga helps me a bit when I'm in pain. But be careful, you don't want to make it worse. Stretching helps me to relax.

Poor Emma. It sounds like what we've been passing back and forth to each other at our house. Sore throat--just bad enough to bother you, ears hurt--just bad enough to be bother you, plus coughing and feeling achey. NO FUN!!!!!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin