Monday, November 17, 2008

Alright so I am a fan... I guess.

Twilight! There I said it. Yes I am going to the movie this weekend. Yes I have read all four books more than twice each. Yes I admit I enjoyed reading them. Yes I am a little excited to go to the movie. There I admitted it! Mostly it is because we are making it into a girls night out and I haven't had one of those in a long time. I will also admit that I think they are totally girly, way to melodramatic and pretty sappy. I also think they create false expectations in women that don't belong there. Yea Edward is pretty perfect, but how many times in the span of four books did he offer to do the dishes for Bella? Plus I think he was a little bossy, and controlling. Safety or not, she is her own person... HELLO! Other than that I do think that Stephenie Meyer is pretty smart. These were marketed really well (at least here in Utah), and She has probably made a fortune off of them. I did go out and buy the soundtrack (the only CD I have actually purchased in years), but only because I really like most of the bands that are on it, and it is the type of music I like the most. I did not buy it for the poster, I haven't even looked at it yet! Honestly where would I put a poster like that anyway... on  my ceiling? Yea S would love that. 

3 comments:

Jill said...

Guess what? I'M GOING TO SEE THE MOVIE WITH MY DAUGHTER!!! WHO HAS READ THE BOOK!!!!! I am so OLD!!!

I loved the books, I've read them twice each (at least), but yeah, Edward is too perfect and too controlling.

Emanhaud said...

You GUESS? It is all you have talked about for like a year!

Sarah said...

You are so full of... well you know!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin