Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Marriage and time off work

So I have stated for years now that it is my firm belief that married people are not meant to spend 24 hours a day together. A lot of times I say that and people either argue with me or act like I have said something bad. I love my husband but if he is home for more than two days in a row I am on the verge of doing him in. Every year between Christmas and New Years S has mandatory time off. By the end of that week and a half we are at each others throats!  Almost every society has some sort of set up that basically works out so  that men and women don't spend their whole day together, even Bushmen in Africa. This is for a good reason! One of the problems is that men think that just because they are home that the woman's whole world comes to a stop. I still have dishes, laundry, children, etc. that are lobbying for my attention. In fact there is a good chance that if S has the day off then so do my girls. That means that not only is he home, but they are too, so there are three other people in my house to create three times the mess of any other day! Smart women are the ones that agree with me and don't look at me and say "OH I love having my family home with me!" Wackos!!! Either that or they have trained their family to keep perfectly still in one place and not touch anything. If that is the case I would like to know what their secret is. LOVE YOU S, now go back to work!!!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love having Greg around, he helps me feel more relaxed and happier. That being said, after being with him non-stop I am ready for him (or me) to go back to work. There is too much of a good thing.

Sher said...

Amen! I like having C home for awhile, but then I just don't know what to do with him. We have our routine during the day, and when he's home it's all messed up!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin