Friday, January 8, 2010

Fridays Randomness and Tunes

I am so tired lately.
Why, you ask?
For about a two week period of time every month I have very vivid dreams. Last night I dreamed an entire new Terminator movie. Seriously right up until the terminators emerged from my washing machine, it was totally plausible.
I wake up completely exhausted. I am normally a very heavy sleeper, and rarely remember my dreams, so this is a very frustrating thing. It seems to have been getting worse as I get older too. I also can't sleep on my stomach any more because of my back problems. I used to love sleep, now it's just a chore.
---------
The Bug had to have a hearing test the other day. We requested it in order to make sure that everything was working fine so that when they ask if her hearing has been tested, we can say yes.... Now listen to us and hold her back a year! Apparently she was trying to fail it. She was suppose to raise her hand every time she heard a noise. She was not raising her hand but would look up at the speech pathologist every time. So
Angie,
(speech person extraordinaire!)
told her that if she heard all the noises and passed the test she would get a treat.
She passed with flying colors!
Amazing what a little treat will do for my child's ability to hear. Her resource teacher called to tell me about this and we both had a pretty good laugh about it.
--------
So good news about my kids, I know it is rare so when we get it I have to share. The Bug is seizure free. As per her last EEG there was no seizure activity. Which means that we can start whittling down her seizure meds and start her back on the ADD meds.
HEY!
I know it isn't great news, as far as meds go... but it's OK news and we'll take it.
---------
So as of Monday I have a new job! Yep that is right, I will be officially employed!!
YEAH!!!
OK so don't get too excited, it is just part time, and I have hardly any hours, but it is just what I was looking for. So do you want to know what it is?
I am....
the new recess duty at my girls school!
It is just the right thing for me, I will have all the same holidays off as my girls. I will have summers off without having to actually quit my job. It is just the right hours, and best of all I have acquired a new nick name to go with it!
DOODIE!
Yes this is what all the kids will be calling me!
AWESOME HUH!
The down side is no more lunches out with the girls, No more MAK's. No more hanging out reading a book all afternoon.
But hey I am being paid to go to recess... I'll take it!
-----------
Is the whole world pregnant? Just wondering...
(it sure seems like it)
---------
I have decided to start taking pictures of the modifications we have made over the years in the name of keeping our child safe. There are several things we have done that seem ridiculous on the surface, but have really helped keep Lou Lou safe. I have also received submissions from other people, if you have anything you would like to submit for this future post just email me a picture.
------------

Here are the tunes off of my favorites list
1. I Turn My Camera On- Spoon
2. Ricochet- Shiny Toy Guns
3. Hit Me With Your Best Shot- Pat Benatar
4. Sex on Fire- Kings of Leon
5. Jivetalkin- Bee Gees
6. Alone- Heart
7. Birdhouse In Your Soul- They Might Be Giants
8. It's the End of the World as We Know It- R.E.M.
9- Voices Carry- 'Till Tuesday
10. Pepper- Butthole Surfers (I hate the name of this band but I love the song!)

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

Speech person. hahaha Yes.
I've never given treats to anyone while doing their hearing before, but I've had some of the most difficult hearing tests of my life with typically developing children. It's so frustrating. I'm glad the SLP got it to work for your daughter!

mCat said...

Love that your getting paid to go to recess! I could dig that kind of job

Teacher Teacher! said...

I have lunch duty every day and despise every minute of it. It is the bane of my existence at middle school. Want to come take my lunch duty so I can actually eat my lunch? And no, the whole world isn't pregnant, I'm not. So there, whole world. :)

tiburon said...

Love the song Pepper!!

ZiggyandFamily said...

I heard somewhere that those kinds of dreams are to help us be ready to handle dangerous situations in our waking lives. WHO THOUGHT OF THAT!!! Hate to tell you but it doesn't get any better - concern for our children and hormonal sorry..... Maybe this is what is meant by enduring to the end. Anyway hope you can get some better sleep at least once in a while.

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin