Friday, December 12, 2008

Why can't I sleep.

So here I am again at 4 am blogging. We have been getting Bug up three times a night to go to the bathroom (see previous blog entitled The great Bug). The first is at 11 or 11:30 when we go to bed. The second is at 1:30 and the third is at 4. We have sort of arranged it so that when her alarm goes off at the earlier time I am the one that gets up and actually drags her from the bed. When it goes off at 4 S takes over. Occasionally this changes. The reason why I am willing to pull myself and her from our nice cozy beds only two hours after placing myself there is that if I am up at 4 am I don't go back down. For some reason if I wake up anytime after about 3 am I cannot get back to sleep at all. Well this morning I didn't have to get up with her but her alarm woke me up and that was enough to keep me up. Now is the time that the brain chooses to be awake and alert, if a little fuzzy. So here I am sitting in front of the computer trying to figure out what to blog about. I am usually a really heavy sleeper. S has always made fun of me for this. He says that I could sleep through a tornado and never notice, and when I am in a regular sleep cycle he is right. Lately that regular sleep cycle seems to be alluding me though. I have had a lot on my mind lately, some good, some bad. There are a few worries that have been keeping me up, but most have been resolved. So there is no legitimate reason right now as to why I can't turn my brain off. Oh well back to the old standby, going to see what is on the music video channels. Maybe by doing this I will find my next favorite song again. Here are some great songs that I have discovered by doing this. If anyone wants to hear samples just check out my facebook page


Bat for Lashes- Whats a girl to do
Against Me!- Thrash Unreal
Amy Winehouse- You know I'm No Good
Charlotte Sometimes- How I Could Just Kill a Man
Duffy- Mercy
Flyleaf- All Around Me
Foo Fighters- The Pretender
Kaiser Cheifs- Ruby
Ingrid Michaelson- The Way I Am
Lilly Allen- Smile
Muse- Supermassive Black Hole
Panic at the Disco- Nine in the Afternoon
Paramore- Misery Business
The Rapture- Whoo! Alright-Yeah... Uh Huh
Regina Spektor- Fidelity
Sick Puppies- All the Same
Silversun Pickups- Lazy Eye


2 comments:

Taylor said...

That's why you're been saying you've been up at 4:00am. I couldn't figure out why you kept waking up at that time. Paul would feel your pain. If he had to wake up at that time he wouldn't go back to sleep either.

Jill said...

I don't know why your complaining, I have to get up a 4am almost every day! But then I have to go to work!!!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin