Friday, December 19, 2008

Vacation?

So my girls are out of school for the next two weeks. I don't really think this counts as a vacation, at least not for me. Oh sure we have the opportunity to do all sorts of fun things when they are out of school but, do we... NO! We end up sitting at home watching TV or movies. Then we get bored and go to Grandmas or something else equally exciting and by the time they go back to school I am about ready to scream. I do love my girls but, I really have gotten used to them being in school all day and having a quiet house. I get to go to work, I get actual house work done, I run errands, I even get an occasional chance to go to lunch with my husband or with a friend. This is actually fun for me because most of my friends have younger kids, and I can sit back and watch them struggle with them and sigh with relief. It is very fulfilling. I know I should enjoy this time we have together but it just isn't what I am used to anymore. Don't even get me started on summer vacation... three months of torture! At least then I can just send them outside for hours at a time. Now we just get to do it in 30 minute intervals, if at all. Maybe the purchase of the Wii this year will help. At least it will give ME something to do. 

No comments:

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin