Sunday, December 7, 2008

Random complaints

So I sit down to blog and all of the sudden my mind goes completely blank. Why  is this? I can think of things to write about all of the time accept when I am sitting in front of the computer. I guess I will just get some things off of my chest.
---
I had to work yesterday, it went so slowly. I guess part of the problem is that I really didn't want to be there. Listening to cheesy Christmas music all day, constantly having people ask for stuff I can't deliver, and standing on my feet forever. S says that I am selling myself short when I say that retail is the only thing I am qualified for, but it really is true. I have had office jobs. I hate them! I don't want to sit in a chair all day, I don't want to work at a computer all day, and I hate office politics. I need a job where I can move around and feel like I am helping people. I have always wanted to teach high school maybe this really is the time for me to go back to school and learn how to do that. 
---
We are having our work Christmas party tonight. Yes I know that its Sunday. I work retail people. The only day of the week that we don't close at 9pm is Sunday. This way whoever is working today actually has a chance of coming to the party. I have volunteered to host this party, partially because I like always being the host (just call me Monica) and partially because I only live 5 minutes from work, so it will be easy for whoever is there to get to my house quickly. Most of my coworkers know that I have a new house and will be expecting a tour. This means that I have to clean my entire house. Ugh! Not looking forward to that. Now if I was a decent house keeper maybe that wouldn't be as much of an issue, however I am not. I am a lousy house keeper. I HATE HOUSEWORK!!!!!!! I am not one of those people that will clean just for the satisfaction of seeing things clean or for the enjoyment of doing it. Usually I need an excuse to clean, like someone is coming, or it is too disgusting to enter a room anymore. Oh well I guess this is my excuse. 
---
I am so tired of Christmas music, I blame my work. If I have to hear that stupid Santa Baby song or the duet where the guy is trying to convince the girl to stay because it is cold outside again I think I will scream. If they would just leave good songs alone maybe it would be fine, but they insist on getting  two or three of the most terrible remakes ever made and putting them on our CD at work, and then playing them over and over. I swear I heard the same song six times yesterday. It is only the 7th of December and I never want to hear Christmas music again. And why when I say this can't anyone understand this. I get people calling me Scrooge or saying Bah Humbug. First of all have some originality and, second everyone is entitled to an opinion. Just because I don't like Christmas music doesn't mean I don't like Christmas and it doesn't mean I don't want to celebrate Christs birth. So there!
---
I guess those were all sort of work related, Well now you all know what is on my mind the most lately. 

2 comments:

Jill said...

Amen!!!! I hate Christmas music too. My LEAST FAVORITES are: The Little Drummer Boy, The 12 Days of Christmas, and that stupid Mariah Carey song, All I Want For Christmas Is You!!! If I have to hear her screeching voice again, I think I'll rip someones head off!!!!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin