Monday, October 5, 2009

Menu Monday

I made this recipe this weekend it turned out pretty good. I got it from this show, I can't stand her talk show, but this one is a favorite in our house, anyway here it is...

Tandoori Chicken
1 cup plain yogurt
3 lb. boneless skinless chicken
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
2 cloves minced or grated garlic
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil
Fresh juice from 2 limes

In a large bowl combine all but chicken and lime juice, mix well. Cut chicken into serving size portions, and add to mixture. Coat chicken well, and place in deep baking dish, cover with remaining sauce and bake at 350 until juices run clear. Squeeze lime juice over the top and serve. Goes well with rice.

( I appear to have spelled every single spice wrong the first time,
thank goodness for spell check!)

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

Asian cooking always intimidates me because the recipes always have four hundred ingredients. I need to get over my fear.

val of the south said...

That sounds fabulous!

Do you like curry? I just tried a really yummy recipe yesterday - Chicken and Apple Curry.
http://morganmoore.typepad.com/one_more_moore/2009/09/chicken-apple-curry.html

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin