Monday, October 26, 2009

Menu Monday III

I posted something about having this for dinner last week and had several requests for the recipe. As I didn't really use a recipe I will do my best to try to remember what exactly it was that I did.
Here goes!

White Chicken and Garlic Pizza
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
mozzarella cheese
3 large cloves garlic sliced
pizza crust (whatever kind you like)
1 to 1 and a 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce (recipe below)

Heat a saute pan with some olive oil. Add chicken and garlic and some salt and pepper to taste. Saute chicken until done, set aside. Spread crust out on baking sheet, or pizza stone. Top with Alfredo sauce and a thin layer of cheese. Layer on chicken and garlic and top with more cheese. (Amount of cheese is a person thing and I am not going to tell you how much you should put on yours!) Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
We used to get pizza like this all the time when we lived in Binghamton New York, but they would put this on it instead of just plain chicken. It was sooooooo good. I miss it!

Alfredo Sauce
1 package cream cheese
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese (DO NOT use the stuff in the can, it doesn't melt!)
1 stick butter
Melt butter in sauce pan, add cheeses and milk and cook on low heat until melted together and creamy.


2 comments:

Omgirl said...

That sounds delicious! although my husband hates it when I eat really garlicky food. Hmmmm....maybe I'll make it next time he goes out of town!

R Allen said...

I LOVE good recipes, especially ones with garlic in them!

Thank you!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin