Monday, April 6, 2009

Heartbreaking


My husband called me last Friday to tell me that there was a shooting incident happening in Binghamton New York. Most people when asked couldn't identify where that is even with a map. We however can tell you exactly where that is. S and I lived in Binghamton while he was getting his Masters Degree. It is a small town about 20 minutes north of the Pennsylvania border. It has some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen in my life. It is the home of IBM, and the comic strip B.C. and on Friday it was just one more place where too many people died because of one mans rage.
This particular incident hit home a lot harder for me, I think that is because for a while we called Binghamton home. It is hard to see something horrific happen in a place you have lived and at some times even loved. I just can't understand the rage that happens in some ones mind to cause them to go and slaughter strangers, or anyone for that matter. I was watching a news report on Friday that was talking about how these things are always happening in small town type places. Littleton, Binghamton, Salt Lake City. I remember when the Trolly Square shooting took place. Even just a few years ago it was pretty big news. When we turned on our local news on Friday all they had was a couple of minutes to dedicate to it after a story about someone who had too many cats. I realize that New York is a long way away from Utah, but when did 13 people dying become so common place that no one notices anymore. It is a sad world we live in!
To all of you in the Binghamton area... You are in our minds and in our prayers!

No comments:

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin