Thursday, June 4, 2009

Randomness for friday, oh and some music too!


I happened to run across this the other day and thought it was very applicable. I am having exactly the same problem. I am trying to deal with a vastly different medical problem but with the same results.
HOT FLASHES,
MOOD SWINGS,
and my favorite
CRAVINGS!
Let me just say that if this is what it is like to go through menopause then just kill me now. I cannot believe the extreme heat that just pops up out of nowhere. I am sitting there all comfortable and all of the sudden I am drenched in sweat, and I do mean drenched. Sorry for those of you who find this to be too much information,
but it is what I am dealing with right now.
--------

So who is going to the air show? Yep for those of you who are out of the state of Utah or too far away to drive to it, you will be missing the Hill Air Force Base Air Show. We have a great situation here, we are situated right under the base. We will be sitting on our roof at about 4pm tomorrow to watch the Thunder birds! We caught a little pre-show this afternoon and it was pretty cool. So if you are in the neighborhood just pop by and join the fun!
We'll save you a popsicle.
-------


My kids are officially out of school. So here goes the most dreaded three months of the year for me. I love summer but having them home does put a damper on things. I do love them I just get very used to having the house to myself. It is all nice and quiet for 9 months and then, my nice quiet life gets interrupted by phrases like...
"I'm bored!"
"Can I have a snack?"
"Can I go outside?"
"Can I watch TV?"
"Can't we go to the pool?"
"I don't have anyone to play with!"
"When are we going to do something?"
"Are you on your blog AGAIN!!!"
OK so that last one will be a new one seeing as though I didn't have a blog or a facebook account last summer, but I am sure that I will hear it at lest weekly, for the next three months.
--------
I have discovered something. Years ago we purchased these funny objects. The have two giant wheels, a set of handles, some funny little pedals and even a set to sit on. Well a couple of weeks ago I pulled mine off of the wall of the garage where they have resided quite happily gathering dust. I discovered that if you put the wheels on the road and sit on the seat and push the pedals with your feet it makes you move forward! WOW what a discovery. I have been doing this particular activity for several times a week for a little while and to my amazement I really like it! I am up to about 9 miles a day now!
I have to say I feel much better doing it too!
-------
Here's the tunes

1. Underneath- Alanis Morissette
2. Nothing Compares 2 U- Sinead O'Connor
3. One Thing- Finger Eleven
4. Into the Groove- Madonna
5. Spiralling- Keane
6. Don't Know Why- Nora Jones
7. Love is a Battlefield- Brooke White
8. Keep Me Close- Chris Daughtry
9. Head Over Heels- Tears For Fears
10. Feel Good Inc.- Gorillaz


1 comment:

Jen Billings said...

Welcome to old womanhood. I'd like to initiate you, but it sounds like you've already been initiated. ;) Thanks for the pictures of the Thunderbirds (YEAH) because I will miss them (BOO). Try to have a great summer. Love your blog!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin