Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Garden update

OK so this one isn't my garden it belongs to my Sister-in-law and her family but I thought you all might want to know what it looks like to have a nicely tended garden, and what my competition is looking like.
(Theirs is right next to mine, its a little humiliating!)


Our pumpkins are doing spectacularly but can you see the damage done to them by the hail the other day?


We are finally starting to see some progress with our potatoes (bottom right) but I still haven't identified what it is that has voluntarily started growing next to them.
Squash?
Zucchini?
Who knows.


Look Tomatoes!


I just thought that these tomato blooms looked so cool snuggled in there.


I even have carrots coming up,
YEAH!


My SIL did green beans last year and she let us "borrow" some, they were so good that we thought we would try this year.
They look terrible compared to hers but, hey they are alive!


That is S up there in the top corner,
I thought him being there would give you a good idea of how large this thing really is.

4 comments:

Jillene said...

Your garden looks a heck of a lot better than mine. Oh wait--I don't even have a garden so you win!! Compare your garden to mine next time!! (0:

Jen Billings said...

Your garden is bookin' compared to mine! Way to go!

Sher said...

I totally dropped the ball this year. I intended to get motivated in the Spring, and then suddenly it was June, and no garden.
so,I'm jealous.

Mormon Mommy Blogs said...

HOLY COW! That is an incredible garden! (my lettuce still hasn't come up... )

~motherboard

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin