Thursday, February 26, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane....


A few weeks ago I wrote on my blog about how I needed a break. Well my sister who works for an airline called and had arranged with S to take me away for a weekend. She and I are going to San Diego tomorrow, and I am SO EXCITED!! Imagine it if you will, no kids, no husband (sorry S), no making dinner, no getting up to get everyone to school on time, no cold weather, no dealing with the sickies, no work. Just sitting on a beach (weather willing) and reading a book. We are going to do some touristy things too, but it is mostly about relaxing. I literally have never had a break away from everyone for more than one night, and I don't think that you can count staying in a hotel in Provo for a mothers of twins conference as much of a break either. That I am sorry to say is the only time, since I have been married, that I have actually spent away from my family. Yep that is the grand total. One night in a lousy motel in Provo Utah! Sad huh? So you can see why I am looking forward to this weekend with so much enthusiasm. The only thing I am really worried about is the flight. I don't fly well! I get a little air sick, and nerves DO NOT help. I am not afraid of heights. I have discovered that what I am truly afraid of is plummeting from 30,000 feet wrapped in the equivalent of a steel coffin! I have some anti anxiety medication that I plan on taking that will hopefully not make me have to be carried off of the plane, I am truly hoping that it will do the trick. Well every one out there... WISH ME LUCK!!!

1 comment:

Sher said...

Sarah you so totally deserve it.
Have fun!!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin