Monday, October 27, 2008

On being sick... again.

It used to be that I got sick a lot, and I do mean a lot. Every fall my allergies would kick in and then my asthma, and then I would get bronchitis, then because I had a week immune system I would catch whatever was going around. I would get strep about two to three times a year, and I would always get the flu or at least a cold that felt like the flu. Not to mention sinus infections, and ear infections. I got my tonsils out about 4 years ago and was put on a really good asthma medication at the same time. Ever since then things have been better and worse. Better because I don't get sick as often, I still get a lighter version of bronchitis but I usually don't have to go to the doctor for it and can skip the antibiotic. I don't really get strep anymore, and my asthma is under control. It is worse because when I do get sick I am not used to it and it hits me a lot harder. When I used to be sick for 9 months of the year I learned how to deal with it and adapt my life around it. Now that I only get sick a couple of times a year I just don't deal as well. I feel like a total wimp. All I want to do is lay in bed and moan, (moaning really does help) and if I can sleep all day that is even better. Unfortunately I have children that insist on getting up and being fed, getting dressed, and being taken to school. What is with that... don't they know I am sick! Oh well at least then I can go back to bed, which is what I am going to do right now. 

No comments:

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin