Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gratitude

There are a lot of things in my life that I complain about but deep down I really am grateful for. Like my family. I know I shouldn't complain about them, but sometimes I get into this kind of habit of listing their faults instead of saying how great they are. So I am stating this here and now. I have a spectacular family. I have beautiful and loving children that have been a tremendous blessing in my life. I have loving and giving parents that have always been a good example of how to show love to others through service. I married into an amazing family of smart strong people. And to top it all off, I have a truly amazing husband, who is a great father, a worthy priesthood holder, and wonderful provider for our family.
I have some of the best people in my life.
I live in a time when there is so much plenty. We have food at the touch of a button. I have never gone hungry, I have never suffered, I have never really wanted for anything in my life. I have been blessed with an abundance of knowledge in my life. I have been blessed with the opportunity of receiving an education. I have had wonderful examples of intelligent and gifted people who have influenced me to better myself. I live in a time when tiny babies can be kept alive that would have been put in a bed to die just a few years earlier. I owe a great debt to modern medical science. I live in a house with indoor plumbing. No cold walks to the out house for me. Now that is a miracle! I have electricity in my home that helps to keep me warm, cook my food, and light my way in the dark.
Most of all I have been given the gift of life, and given the gift of choice to do with it what I will.
I am grateful for all of these things and so much more!
What are you grateful for this holiday season?

1 comment:

R Allen said...

I am grateful to be healthy and happy! Happy Thanksgiving!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin