Monday, February 1, 2010

Mindless Eating

Do you mindlessly eat?
I do!
I will admit it, I eat without thinking about what I am putting into my mouth. Sometimes I do it out of boredom. Sometimes I do it as therapy, and sometimes I just do it because. I find myself looking for something to eat when I am not even hungry. Like when I have just finished a meal. Is this necessary? The answer to that would be a resounding NO! I need to break this habit. I would say that it is the number one reason why I cannot seem to loose weight, well that and the pesky no exercising problem. I need to get over the idea that I have to always have something in my mouth (insert snicker here). I have tried gum, but I have a problem with my jaw and it gives me a headache after a while. I have tried hard candies, but that never lasts long. I just need to get over this problem I have with eating.
Anybody have any advice?

4 comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

I'm eating ice cream right now. I can't say anything.

Jillene said...

I try and do things to keep my mind occupied. Like scrapbook, clean, do laundry, play games with my kids, etc. And I make sure to do these things in other rooms besides the kitchen.

Elaine Shandra said...

It was getting to a point where I wanted treats everyday, all day, so I went on a three week fast from them. That definitely helped to reset things. I used to graze a lot, then I decided to switch to drinking water which helped some. Lately, I've been working on being more conscience of what I'm doing and praying for extra help with it. When I find myself eating something just because it's there, I put it away, or throw it away. I've also started walking with a friend from work at the mall in the morning. Exercise is more fun when it's with a friend and something you enjoy. I prefer to wander/walk better than anything else. Good luck with whatever you decided to do.

M-Cat said...

So with you! Hate this habit, and when you get it figured out how to break, do share

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin