Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Review: Cuisinart Mixer

I asked for something for Christmas this year that I never thought I would ever ask for in a million years. I have never had a use for one of these, but I found myself wishing for one more than a few time over the last year.
I unwrapped all of my gifts on Christmas morning, and it wasn't present (pun, snort!). So I looked at Emanhaud, and said... "Where is my mixer?"
"What mixer" was his reply.
"Listen I know that your mom went in on a gift for me and the most expensive thing I have opened so far is this electric skillet that cost all of about $5o. I know how much your mom spends on each of us... so Where Is My Mixer?"
"OK, you will just have to look around for it!"



Long story short, I found it sitting under the kids Christmas tree in the dining room.
We had looked at several different models and name brands including the Kitchen Aid, but we went for the Cuisinart. It had the better motor, and options for the money.
It took me about a week to actually use it.
Not from lack of interest, just because I was burned out with cooking for Christmas.
I have to say it was a very good choice. Once I did actually break the thing out and learn how to use it I was instantly impressed. It has some really cool features. Like a timer, and a speed dial with 12 settings. Not to mention that it amps up on any speed over 1, so that you don't have flour spray all over your kitchen.
I never saw the need for an item like this before, because to tell the truth I really don't like baking, but I have found it to be one of those things that is essential for any good cook. I have only had it for a little over a month and I don't think I could live without it again.

1 comment:

Jillene said...

My brother bought me a Kitchen Aid as a wedding gift and I love it. But wow--that Cuisinart looks and sounds FABULOUS!!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin